“General Authorities & LDS Church Information” website
(as well as a website containing sundry other intriguing topics)
Compiled by Michael Taylor of Provo, Utah
The main purpose of this website is to present interesting and instructional information about the General Authorities of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (past and present), temples, missionary work, and growth of the church. Several other topics, both church-related and non-church-related, are included, all of which are listed in the menu below. Hopefully, this material will not only be informative, but uplifting, inspiring, and entertaining as well.
- This website is not sponsored by nor endorsed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Michael Taylor is solely responsible for its content.
- Click here to leave a suggestion, comment, or correction.
- Click on a light blue topic listed below to navigate to a desired section.
- Clickable links found at the bottom of each page allow navigation of the website.
- Please notice the “Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Week” section that follows the main menu.
* Main Menu *
- Basic LDS information — basic and general information about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its doctrine
- General authorities — facts and figures about our General Authorities of this dispensation
- Temples and Visitors’ Centers — varied interesting information about latter-day temples and numerous visitors’ center
- Church growth — statistics regarding the growth and expansion of the church in this dispensation
- “Answers To Gospel Questions” — a guide to the doctrinal 5-volume set by President Joseph Fielding Smith, the 10th President of the Church
- ‘Engravos’ — Description of and references to possible engraving errors found throughout the Book of Mormon
- Scripture chains — a wide-ranging collection of scriptures related by topic or doctrine, and organized into ‘chains’
- Missionary matters – stories, articles, and other material pertaining to missionaries and missionary work
- “Jesus The Christ” vocabulary words — erudite words used by Elder Talmage in his landmark book, for the edification of all
- Our Savior — various items and topics relating to the Lord, Jesus Christ
- Quizzes — entertaining quiz questions dealing with General Authorities, church history, and general topics, to test your acumen
- Stories, jokes, puns — uplifting, edifying and entertaining stories, scripture jokes, and scripture puns, including knee-slappers and groaners
- Unique names — unusual or uncommon names, of individuals and of family groups, that I have collected over the years
** Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Week **
(02/04/18 to 02/17/18)
- Scripture joke of the week: Is the Lord really an anesthesiologist? Perhaps, since Genesis 2:21 states that the Lord God ’caused a deep sleep’ to fall upon Adam. More scripture jokes can be found by clicking here.
- Hymn joke of the week: What is the favorite hymn of LDS educators? Hymn # 336 — “School Thy Feelings”. More hymn jokes can be found by clicking here. Thanks for not groaning too loudly. :o)
- Engravo of the week: 1 Nephi 19:7 — “Yea, even the very God of Israel do men trample under their feet; I say, trample under their feet BUT I WOULD SPEAK IN OTHER WORDS – they set him at naught.” Nephi apparently wasn’t totally satisfied with the phrase “trample under their feet” after he engraved it on the plates. He therefore inscribed a transitional phrase and stated the thought he desired to express. More engravos (as well as an explanation of what an engravo is) can be found by clicking here.
- Church history quiz of the week: QUESTION: In 1831, the Prophet Joseph was so impressed by the unity, dedication, and faithfulness of a certain group of people that he called them together and “sealed them up to eternal life”. Who were these people? ANSWER: The people sealed up to eternal life by the Prophet Joseph were the saints of the Colesville Branch. More quizzes can be found by clicking here.
- Quote of the week: “The Savior, even as a member of the Godhead, was willing to come to earth as a lowly infant and begin an existence that included teaching and healing His brothers and sisters and ultimately suffering indescribable pain in Gethsemane and on the cross in order to perfect His Atonement..” Elder Quentin L. Cook.
- Vocabulary word of the week: ‘behest’ – an earnest or strongly worded request; a command (Jesus the Christ, page 64, line 1). More vocabulary words can by found by clicking here.
- Unique girl name of the week: Alaska. These names are not fictional. They are all legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.
- Unique boy name of the week: Aarrikk (pronounced the same as ‘Eric’). Theses names are not fictional. They are all legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.