“General Authorities & LDS Church Information” website
(as well as a website containing sundry other intriguing topics)
Compiled by Michael Taylor of Provo, Utah
The main purpose of this website is to present interesting and instructional information about the General Authorities of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (past and present), temples, missionary work, and growth of the church. Several other topics, both church-related and non-church-related, are included, all of which are listed in the menu below. Hopefully, this material will not only be informative, but uplifting, inspiring, and entertaining as well.
- This website is not sponsored by nor endorsed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Michael Taylor is solely responsible for its content.
- Click here to leave a suggestion, comment, or correction.
- Click on a light blue topic listed below to navigate to a desired section.
- Clickable links found at the bottom of each page allow navigation of the website.
- Please notice the “Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Month” section that follows the main menu.
* Main Menu *
- Basic LDS information — basic and general information about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its doctrine
- General authorities — facts and figures about our General Authorities of this dispensation
- Temples and Visitors’ Centers — varied interesting information about latter-day temples and numerous visitors’ center
- Church growth — statistics regarding the growth and expansion of the church in this dispensation
- “Answers To Gospel Questions” — a guide to the doctrinal 5-volume set by President Joseph Fielding Smith, the 10th President of the Church
- ‘Engravos’ — Description of and references to possible engraving errors found throughout the Book of Mormon
- Scripture chains — a wide-ranging collection of scriptures related by topic or doctrine, and organized into ‘chains’
- Missionary matters – stories, articles, and other material pertaining to missionaries and missionary work
- “Jesus The Christ” vocabulary words — erudite words used by Elder Talmage in his landmark book, for the edification of all
- Our Savior — various items and topics relating to the Lord, Jesus Christ
- Quizzes — entertaining quiz questions dealing with General Authorities, church history, and general topics, to test your acumen
- Stories, jokes, puns — uplifting, edifying and entertaining stories, scripture jokes, and scripture puns, including knee-slappers and groaners
- Unique names — unusual or uncommon names, of individuals and of family groups, that I have collected over the years
- Glen L. Rudd Foundation — information about a wonderful charitable foundation honoring Elder Glen L. Rudd
** Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Month **
( April 2018 )
- Scripture joke of the month: Esther 8:15 — Mordecai was a BYU Cougar fan! This verse states, “…Mordecai went out from the presence of the king in royal apparel of blue and white…” More scripture jokes can be found by clicking here.
- Hymn joke of the month: Favorite hymn of LDS candy-makers and confectioners? Hymn # 147 — “Sweet Is My Work”. More hymn jokes can be found by clicking here.
- Engravo of the month: Alma— “Now Ammon being the chief among them, OR RATHER HE DID ADMINISTER UNTO THEM, and he departed from them..” It appears that the engraver did not want to give the impression that Ammon held a higher position or status than the other missionaries, so the initial idea of “chief among them” was modified by the additional phrase “rather he did administer unto them”. More engravos (as well as an explanation of what an engravo is) can be found by clicking here.
- Church history quiz of the month: QUESTION: Which LDS apostle does the following information describe: He was active in farming and business activities, and also had many civic and church responsibilities. He represented Tooele for one term in the Utah Legislature and also served as chairman of the board for the local school district and irrigation company. In 1890, he was set apart as a counselor in the Tooele Stake presidency, and three years later, at the age of 39, was ordained a stake patriarch.
ANSWER: The above information describes Elder George F. Richards. Elder Richards was ordained an apostle in 1906. More quizzes can be found by clicking here.
- Quote of the month: “…I testify that as we decide to be one with the members and leaders of the Church – both when we are together and especially when we are apart – we will also feel more perfectly united with our Heavenly Father and the Savior.” Elder Joni L. Koch.
- Vocabulary word of the month: “defalcation” – embezzlement; stealing something you were entrusted with. More vocabulary words can by found by clicking here.
- Unique girl name of the month: Jamaica. These names are not fictional. They are all legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.
- Unique boy name of the month: Javelin. Theses names are not fictional. They are all legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.