“General Authorities information &
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints information” website
(as well as a website containing sundry other intriguing topics)
Compiled by Michael Taylor of Provo, Utah
The main purpose of this website is to present interesting and instructional information about the General Authorities of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (past and present), temples, missionary work, and growth of the church. Several other topics, both church-related and non-church-related, are included, all of which are listed in the menu below. Hopefully, this material will not only be informative, but uplifting, inspiring, and entertaining as well.
- This website is not sponsored by nor endorsed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Michael Taylor is solely responsible for its content.
- Click here to leave a suggestion, comment, or correction.
- Click on a light blue topic listed below to navigate to a desired section.
- Clickable links found at the bottom of each page allow navigation of the website.
- Please notice the “Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Month” section that follows the main menu.
* Main Menu *
- Basic LDS information and doctrine — basic and general information about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its doctrine
- General authorities — facts and figures about our General Authorities of this dispensation
- Temples and Visitors’ Centers — varied interesting information about latter-day temples and numerous visitors’ center
- Church growth — statistics regarding the growth and expansion of the church in this dispensation
- “Answers To Gospel Questions” — a guide to the doctrinal 5-volume set by President Joseph Fielding Smith, the 10th President of the Church
- ‘Engravos’ — Description of and references to possible engraving errors found throughout the Book of Mormon
- Scripture chains — a wide-ranging collection of scriptures related by topic or doctrine, and organized into ‘chains’
- ‘Miracle of Forgiveness’ scripture chains — scripture chains from President Kimball’s classic book, dealing with repentance
- Missionary matters – stories, articles, and other material pertaining to missionaries and missionary work
- “Jesus The Christ” vocabulary words — erudite words used by Elder Talmage in his landmark book, for the edification of all
- Our Savior — various items and topics relating to the Lord, Jesus Christ
- Quizzes — entertaining quiz questions dealing with General Authorities, church history, and general topics, to test your acumen
- Stories, jokes, puns — uplifting, edifying and entertaining stories, scripture jokes, and scripture puns, including knee-slappers and groaners
- Unique names — unusual or uncommon names, of individuals and of family groups, that I have collected over the years
- Personal items — my remembrances, my thoughts, my experiences
- Glen L. Rudd Foundation — information about a wonderful charitable foundation honoring Elder Glen L. Rudd
** Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Month **
( September & October 2018 )
- Scripture joke of the month: Ecclesiastes 10:19 — Money talks! This scripture says that “…money answereth all things.” More scripture jokes can be found by clicking here.
- Hymn joke of the month: Favorite hymn of LDS metal workers and welders? Hymn # 274 — “The Iron Rod”. More hymn jokes can be found by clicking here.
- Engravo of the month: Alma 17:6 — “…also this was the minds of the people.” The verb and the noun do not agree. It should say “…this was the MIND of the people.” More engravos (as well as an explanation of what an engravo is) can be found by clicking here.
- Church history quiz of the month: QUESTION: During President Russell M. Nelson’s visits to the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico in September of 2018, he did something that no other Church President has done in this dispensation. What would that unique thing be?
ANSWER: President Nelson became the first Church president to speak extensively to a large gathering of members in a language other than English. He spoke in Spanish, the native language of the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico, during devotionals in those two countries. More quizzes can be found by clicking here.
- Quote of the month: “Historical compilations such as ‘Saints: The History of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’, the Joseph Smith papers, and the Gospel Topics essays directly confront many challenging doctrinal and historical questions. The message of this openness is that the history of the Church can withstand scrutiny. We don’t need to be afraid of it. It is inspiring,. Sometimes we will have questions, but there are always good answers.” — Elder Quentin L. Cook and Brother Matt Grow.
- Vocabulary word of the month: hoary – gray-haired, white-haired, silver-haired, grizzled (‘Jesus the Christ’, page 20, line 11) More vocabulary words can by found by clicking here.
- Unique girl name of the month: Odessa . These names are legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.
- Unique boy name of the month: Fortune. Theses names are legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.