“General Authorities & LDS Church Information” website
(as well as a website containing sundry other intriguing topics)
Compiled by Michael Taylor of Provo, Utah
The main purpose of this website is to present interesting and instructional information about the General Authorities of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (past and present), temples, missionary work, and growth of the church. Several other topics, both church-related and non-church-related, are included, all of which are listed in the menu below. Hopefully, this material will not only be informative, but uplifting, inspiring, and entertaining as well.
- This website is not sponsored by nor endorsed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Michael Taylor is solely responsible for its content.
- Click here to leave a suggestion, comment, or correction.
- Click on a light blue topic listed below to navigate to a desired section.
- Clickable links found at the bottom of each page allow navigation of the website.
- Please notice the “Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Month” section that follows the main menu.
* Main Menu *
- Basic LDS information — basic and general information about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its doctrine
- General authorities — facts and figures about our General Authorities of this dispensation
- Temples and Visitors’ Centers — varied interesting information about latter-day temples and numerous visitors’ center
- Church growth — statistics regarding the growth and expansion of the church in this dispensation
- “Answers To Gospel Questions” — a guide to the doctrinal 5-volume set by President Joseph Fielding Smith, the 10th President of the Church
- ‘Engravos’ — Description of and references to possible engraving errors found throughout the Book of Mormon
- Scripture chains — a wide-ranging collection of scriptures related by topic or doctrine, and organized into ‘chains’
- Missionary matters – stories, articles, and other material pertaining to missionaries and missionary work
- “Jesus The Christ” vocabulary words — erudite words used by Elder Talmage in his landmark book, for the edification of all
- Our Savior — various items and topics relating to the Lord, Jesus Christ
- Quizzes — entertaining quiz questions dealing with General Authorities, church history, and general topics, to test your acumen
- Stories, jokes, puns — uplifting, edifying and entertaining stories, scripture jokes, and scripture puns, including knee-slappers and groaners
- Unique names — unusual or uncommon names, of individuals and of family groups, that I have collected over the years
** Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Month **
( March 2018 )
- Scripture joke of the month: Genesis 7:13-17 — Who was the best financial planner in the Bible? Probably Noah, because he kept his stock afloat while the rest of the world was under liquidation. See Genesis 7:13-17. (Submitted by E. J. Colby). More scripture jokes can be found by clicking here.
- Hymn joke of the month: Favorite hymn of LDS seamstresses? Hymn # 216 — “We Are Sewing”. More hymn jokes can be found by clicking here.
- Engravo of the month: Mosiah 7:8 — “..and they [Ammon and his brethren] stood before the king, and were permitted, OR RATHER COMMANDED, that they should answer the questions which he should ask them.” Perhaps the engraver felt that “permitted” was not the correct word, it being too polite and accommodating. An explanatory phrase including the verb “commanded” was engraved, implying compulsion and control by their captors. More engravos (as well as an explanation of what an engravo is) can be found by clicking here.
- Church history quiz of the month: QUESTION: Who was the first Latter-day Saint to die in Missouri? ANSWER: The first Latter-day Saint to die in Missouri was Polly Knight, wife of Joseph Knight. She passed away just a few days after the Colesville saints arrived in Jackson County, Missouri. The Prophet Joseph Smith preached at her funeral service. More quizzes can be found by clicking here.
- Quote of the month: “…I wish to speak about the wonderful way in which the Lord leads His kingdom on earth. First, Jesus Christ is the head of the Church in all the earth. Second, He leads His Church today by speaking to men called as prophets, and He does it through revelation. Third, He gave revelation to His prophets long ago, still does, and will continue to do so. Fourth, He gives confirming revelation to those who serve under the leadership of His prophets.” President Henry B. Eyring.
- Vocabulary word of the month: ‘consanguinity’ – relating to or denoting people descended from the same ancestor (Jesus the Christ, page 89, line 15). More vocabulary words can by found by clicking here.
- Unique girl name of the month: Bethlehem. These names are not fictional. They are all legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.
- Unique boy name of the month: Blitch. Theses names are not fictional. They are all legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.