“General Authorities & LDS Church Information” website
(as well as a website containing sundry other intriguing topics)
Compiled by Michael Taylor of Provo, Utah
The main purpose of this website is to present interesting and instructional information about the General Authorities of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (past and present), temples, missionary work, and growth of the church. Several other topics, both church-related and non-church-related, are included, all of which are listed in the menu below. Hopefully, this material will not only be informative, but uplifting, inspiring, and entertaining as well.
- This website is not sponsored by nor endorsed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Michael Taylor is solely responsible for its content.
- Click here to leave a suggestion, comment, or correction.
- Click on a light blue topic listed below to navigate to a desired section.
- Clickable links found at the bottom of each page allow navigation of the website.
- Please notice the “Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Month” section that follows the main menu.
* Main Menu *
- Basic LDS information — basic and general information about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its doctrine
- General authorities — facts and figures about our General Authorities of this dispensation
- Temples and Visitors’ Centers — varied interesting information about latter-day temples and numerous visitors’ center
- Church growth — statistics regarding the growth and expansion of the church in this dispensation
- “Answers To Gospel Questions” — a guide to the doctrinal 5-volume set by President Joseph Fielding Smith, the 10th President of the Church
- ‘Engravos’ — Description of and references to possible engraving errors found throughout the Book of Mormon
- Scripture chains — a wide-ranging collection of scriptures related by topic or doctrine, and organized into ‘chains’
- ‘Miracle of Forgiveness’ scripture chains — scripture chains from President Kimball’s classic book, dealing with repentance
- Missionary matters – stories, articles, and other material pertaining to missionaries and missionary work
- “Jesus The Christ” vocabulary words — erudite words used by Elder Talmage in his landmark book, for the edification of all
- Our Savior — various items and topics relating to the Lord, Jesus Christ
- Quizzes — entertaining quiz questions dealing with General Authorities, church history, and general topics, to test your acumen
- Stories, jokes, puns — uplifting, edifying and entertaining stories, scripture jokes, and scripture puns, including knee-slappers and groaners
- Unique names — unusual or uncommon names, of individuals and of family groups, that I have collected over the years
- Glen L. Rudd Foundation — information about a wonderful charitable foundation honoring Elder Glen L. Rudd
** Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Month **
( July & August 2018 )
- Scripture joke of the month: Zechariah 2:6 — Santa Claus mentioned in the Old Testament? This verse says, “Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north…” More scripture jokes can be found by clicking here.
- Hymn joke of the month: Favorite hymn of LDS bread-makers and pastry chefs? Hymn # 98, “I Knead Thee Every Hour”. More hymn jokes can be found by clicking here.
- Engravo of the month: Alma 13:16 — “..that thereby the people might look forward on the Son of God, it being a type of his order, OR IT BEING HIS ORDER, and this that they might look forward..” It appears the engraver wanted to amend his statement concerning “a type” of Christ’s order, and state that it was actually HIS order, and not just “a type” of his order! More engravos (as well as an explanation of what an engravo is) can be found by clicking here.
- Church history quiz of the month: QUESTION: How many of the apostles in our dispensation have had the last name of ‘Smith’? With ‘Smith’ being the most common last name of our apostles, can you name the second most common last name?
ANSWER: We have had 9 modern-day apostles with the last name of ‘Smith’ (George A., George Albert, Hyrum, Hyrum Mack, Joseph, Joseph F., Joseph Fielding, John Henry, and William). The 2nd-most common last name of our apostles is ‘Richards’. We have had 5 apostles with the last name of ‘Richards’ (Franklin D., George F., LeGrand, Stephen L., and Willard). ‘Young’ is the 3rd-most common last name. More quizzes can be found by clicking here.
- Quote of the month: “Those who believe the Book of Mormon and accept Joseph Smith as a prophet thereby open the door to salvation; those who reject the book outright or who simply fail to learn its message and believe its teachings never so much as begin to travel that course along the strait and narrow path that leads to eternal life.” — Elder Bruce R. McConkie.
- Vocabulary word of the month: gladsome – giving or causing joy; delightful (Jesus the Christ, page 290, line 6). More vocabulary words can by found by clicking here.
- Unique girl name of the month: Arthette (she was named after her grandfather (Arthur) and her grandmother (Annette), hence Arthette. These names are legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.
- Unique boy name of the month: Espn (pronounced ess-pun). Theses names are legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.