“General Authorities & LDS Church Information” website
(as well as a website containing sundry other intriguing topics)
Compiled by Michael Taylor of Provo, Utah
The main purpose of this website is to present interesting and instructional information about the General Authorities of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (past and present), temples, missionary work, and growth of the church. Several other topics, both church-related and non-church-related, are included, all of which are listed in the menu below. Hopefully, this material will not only be informative, but uplifting, inspiring, and entertaining as well.
- This website is not sponsored by nor endorsed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Michael Taylor is solely responsible for its content.
- Click here to leave a suggestion, comment, or correction.
- Click on a light blue topic listed below to navigate to a desired section.
- Clickable links found at the bottom of each page allow navigation of the website.
- Please notice the “Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Month” section that follows the main menu.
* Main Menu *
- Basic LDS information — basic and general information about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its doctrine
- General authorities — facts and figures about our General Authorities of this dispensation
- Temples and Visitors’ Centers — varied interesting information about latter-day temples and numerous visitors’ center
- Church growth — statistics regarding the growth and expansion of the church in this dispensation
- “Answers To Gospel Questions” — a guide to the doctrinal 5-volume set by President Joseph Fielding Smith, the 10th President of the Church
- ‘Engravos’ — Description of and references to possible engraving errors found throughout the Book of Mormon
- Scripture chains — a wide-ranging collection of scriptures related by topic or doctrine, and organized into ‘chains’
- ‘Miracle of Forgiveness’ scripture chains — scripture chains from President Kimball’s classic book, dealing with repentance
- Missionary matters – stories, articles, and other material pertaining to missionaries and missionary work
- “Jesus The Christ” vocabulary words — erudite words used by Elder Talmage in his landmark book, for the edification of all
- Our Savior — various items and topics relating to the Lord, Jesus Christ
- Quizzes — entertaining quiz questions dealing with General Authorities, church history, and general topics, to test your acumen
- Stories, jokes, puns — uplifting, edifying and entertaining stories, scripture jokes, and scripture puns, including knee-slappers and groaners
- Unique names — unusual or uncommon names, of individuals and of family groups, that I have collected over the years
- Glen L. Rudd Foundation — information about a wonderful charitable foundation honoring Elder Glen L. Rudd
** Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Month **
( June 2018 )
- Scripture joke of the month: 2 Chronicles 34:22 — A university student mentioned in the Old Testament? Yes, as this verse tells us that Huldah lived in Jerusalem at the college. More scripture jokes can be found by clicking here.
- Hymn joke of the month: Favorite hymn of LDS weight lifters? Hymn # 243 — “Let Us All Press On”. More hymn jokes can be found by clicking here.
- Engravo of the month: Alma 12:31— “..placing themselves [our first parents] in a state to act, OR BEING PLACED IN A STATE TO ACT ACCORDING TO THEIR WILLS AND PLEASURE”. The engraver’s explanatory phrase makes it clear that God placed our first parents in a state to act, that they did not have the power to place themselves in that position. More engravos (as well as an explanation of what an engravo is) can be found by clicking here.
- Church history quiz of the month: QUESTION: What faithful LDS apostle does the following information describe: He served as President of the Salt Lake Temple while serving as an apostle. He was released as president of the Salt Lake Temple in 1937 and promptly sustained as acting Patriarch for the Church, still serving as an apostle. He served in that calling for 5 years. Two of his sons served as stake patriarchs. Another son, LeGrand, served 4 missions, was bishop of three different wards, served as a stake president, served as the Presiding Bishop of the Church, and was called to the Quorum of the Twelve in 1952.
ANSWER: The above information describes Elder George F. Richards, one of the most devoted servants of the Lord in this dispensation. More quizzes can be found by clicking here.
- Quote of the month: “Work will win when wishy-washy wishing won’t.” — President Thomas S. Monson, 16th President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Vocabulary word of the month: fervid – intensely enthusiastic or passionate, especially to an excessive degree. More vocabulary words can by found by clicking here.
- Unique girl name of the month: Decqlin. These names are legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.
- Unique boy name of the month: Damascus. Theses names are legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.